Monday, May 27, 2013

Movie Review: Star Trek into Darkness

Release Date: May 17th (16th at my theater)

Rating: PG-13

Time: 2 hours, 3 minutes

Violence: It's Star Trek, what do you expect? There's everything, from people getting sucked out of ships, shooting people, and... yes, there's some skull cracking. It wasn't bad in my opinion, but this is coming from the girl who watches Supernatural all the time. So, I'm not quite sure I count.

Nudity/Sex: A girl is seen in only her undergarments. A guy is seen in bed with two alien girls.

Personal Opinions:

Stars(1-5): 4

Actors/Casting: I thought the casting was brilliant. I was pleasantly surprised that they managed to keep all the characters (that were named at least) from the first one. I was also excited to see one of my favorite actors ever (Benedict Cumberbatch) was going to be the villain.

Plot(No spoilers): I thought the plot was good, it was very good. The reason it got 4 stars for me, was because I wouldn't have ended it the way they did. But I've always been a huge sci-fi fan (I grew up watching Star Wars) and Star Trek did not disappoint.,

My Age Recommendation: 13/14+

Would I recommend it? It's certainly not for everyone, but yes I would:) It was a a fantastically executed movie.

If you went to see Star Trek, how did you like it? Let me know!


~Juliana True 

No comments:

Post a Comment